Davies Partnership provide expert Mechanical & Electrical Building Services knowledge and experience alongside best in class skills and technology, energising environments and positively shaping the world around us.
The theme of this years World Environment Day is #GenerationRestoration.
Our purpose as a business is helping to create a better built environment through sustainable design solutions.
We take great pride in our involvement with the urban ecosystem. Whether this be working on the refurbishment of an outdated building, or part of the team working on a multi-million pound scheme surrounded with greenery, energising environments and positively shaping the world around us is why we do what we do.
Take a look at some of the initiatives that we have adopted within our business to ensure we are supporting the environment as much as we can.
- In 2004, we established our dedicated Sustainability Department which still continues to provide ‘best in class’ sustainability advice to our Clients.
- We operate an ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) which is our systematic approach to the environmental management of our organisation.
- We have committed to achieving Net Zero Carbon by 2030, twenty years ahead of the UK Government deadline. This decision is underpinned by our ongoing research into Routes to Net Zero Carbon.
- Embraced technology with Teams and Zoom meetings both before and during the pandemic to reduce traveling and to facilitate better, more engaging meetings.
- Encouraged flexible working practices and cycling with a ride to work scheme and charitable bike ride events.
- Decentralised operation with offices in Liverpool, Chester and Conwy reducing staff commutes and carbon emissions associated with traffic and travel, while providing convenient local support to clients.
- Worked on multiple green projects using the full range of sustainable technologies and practices, including passivhaus builds, green roofs, biomass heating, ground and air source heat pump heating, photovoltaics, solar thermal, and combined heating and power.
- We encourage innovation and support simplification and usability of both new and existing buildings to improve the occupied environment while lowering our impact upon it by allowing buildings to be used to their full potential.
- The retrofit of a smart heating control system within our Chester office has resulted in a significant reduction in our gas consumption and associated carbon emissions.
- Reducing, reusing, and recycling materials forms part of our culture and is followed at all levels. We have recently reused and recycled office furniture across our three offices.
- The development of our bespoke Covid-19 ventilation risk assessment tool calculates the amount of window opening required to satisfy Government Guidance with respect to fresh air ventilation. Ultimately helping to reduce our heating energy consumption and carbon emissions significantly.
- We operate a paperless office and clean desk initiative to reduce waste and create a nicer environment to work.
- We are currently in the process of replacing our diesel vehicle fleet with electric alternatives or electric vehicles.
- We have delivered a Road to Net Zero Carbon Presentation to numerous clients with the aim to assist with their Net Zero Carbon journey and advise on the best route and steps to take.
- Engaged with several different local charities to support the fantastic work that they do. From helping to tackle homelessness, to assisting with the environmental sustainability of local communities, we are always looking to provide support where we can.