Sustainable design is a fundamental requirement for our built environment, and the latest Building Regulations mean that all buildings must achieve a minimum level of energy performance. To meet this requirement, Davies Partnership has a dedicated environmental design team who are fully trained to provide a low carbon solution for building services.
From a simple extension to a fully functioning sustainable building, we have the knowhow to deliver the solution. Our investment in people and cutting edge technology ensures compliance with the current and future Building Regulations and any personal or corporate environmental aspirations.
Our services include:-
- SBEM and DSM calculations for Building Regulations Part L2A compliance (Non-dwellings) for England and Wales and Section 6 Scotland
- SAP calculations for Building Regulations Part L1A (Dwellings)
- Calculations and reports to support Part L2B and L1B applications
- Energy Performance Certificates for new build and existing Non-Domestic properties by Level 5 accredited Energy Assessor
- Energy Performance Certificates for new build Domestic properties by On Construction Domestic Energy Assessor
- Dynamic Thermal Modelling using IES Virtual Environment software for all building types, by CIBSE Accredited Low Carbon Consultants in Design and Simulation
- Sustainability Reports to investigate methods of achieving a low carbon, low energy building and suitability of various renewable technologies including projected paybacks
- Sustainable Design by a fully trained engineering team
- Site survey of existing buildings to establish requirement
- Energy audits of existing buildings to identify energy saving measures
- Thermal Comfort Reports, simulating potential temperatures within a building
- Daylight Calculations
We have many years of experience in low carbon design and have undertaken a number of key projects where a requirement for a high score relating to BREEAM was required by the client. Our environmental team work with the latest thermal modelling software, and can produce building models to support BREEAM criteria. Our sustainability reports, thermal comfort reports and daylight calculations can all help to achieve BREEAM credits and because of our experience to date we can readily contribute to the process of achieving accreditation.
The environmental element of building design is here to stay, so our strategy includes budgeting for both technology and the training of our team and we actively look for methods to increase our ability to satisfy the demands of modern building regulations.
In line with other sections of our design office, we are committed to delivering a quality offer, on time and within the agreed budget. If you need to address environmental building issues, contact us today. One of our Senior Managers will contact you and there is no obligation.